Tuesday, December 1, 2009

lots of currents

Currently sitting in the English Reading Room inside the Humanities building. I came to drop by and say hello to Megan, but ended up staying here even after she left because of its nice atmosphere. It's like a miniature library with thousands of books and comfortable, cushioned chairs (unlike Powell). I'm actually enjoying studying right now..

The first of December has already arrived and the year 2009 is drawing to a close. The sun sets earlier and the days are chillier. I love it. Lights being put up on houses one by one, the silhouettes of naked trees, aisles of candy canes in the stores, layers of scarves and coats and mittens that make you walk stiff.

I am currently: loving the beginning of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, listening to a nice shared iTunes playlist, staring at books with old, torn covers, thankful for my ESS9 TA who just replied to my email allowing me to turn one of my labs late, missing my family, wearing leggings, not loving my unmanageable hair, wanting to travel the worlddd!

Thank you God for this optimism. I don't know how else to explain where it's coming from.

2 comments:

  1. I wish UCSD had a building like that! I should go visit LA sometime.

    I never listen to shared iTunes playlists because I get scared for some reason. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete