Friday, January 22, 2010

week in a wrap

The organization of my desk usually reveals how I'm feeling at the moment.

For most of this past week, my desk has been unorganized and piled up with unnecessary things. After cruising on cloud nine for the first two weeks of winter quarter, I realized how circumstantial my joy was, and still is. I think that frustrated me a lot, and despite some of the greatest news I've heard (ever) this past week, a lot of little things kept pestering me. Kind of like the rain. It was nice to have chilly weather and get a little wet, and it's even nicer to just watch it from inside. But being in it, walking across a hilly campus with a pair of chucks (note to self: invest in rainboots) was not my cup of tea. But the skies are clearest after the rain, and thankfully, the rain has bid us goodbye for now and with a new week coming, I'm hoping to be recaptivated by the only joy that never changes and maybe use my Starbucks giftcard.

things to-do for the last week of January 2010:
- record a song?
- take a lot of pictures (maybe even a polaroid or two)
- fill out some applications for stuffs
- update playlists
- read eloise

listening to some junior high - early high school favorites:



funny how songs can be time machines..

1 comment:

  1. I love "Calendar Girl"!

    Totally know what you mean about the rain/chucks fail/wanting rainboots. I burned holes through people's rainboots with my wistful stares last week. But yay for nicer weather this week!

    ReplyDelete